Monday, July 14, 2008

17. ELM Productivity Tools

1. SEARCH ALERT: I set up a Search Alert in Gale which I have been checking daily. I have it in my Internet Explorer RSS Favorites, so it is very easy to reach. My topic I searched was libraries, and the articles are so interesting and right up to the minute. This would be helpful to use for research over a length of time to keep up with the latest information.
2. EBSCO PAGE COMPOSER: I now have a folder and a web page that I have set up. I plan to use the folder when doing research in the future. The Web site will be useful to display information from my research project. Very easy to work with.
3. PROQUEST: Create a Web Page. I followed the directions on the 23 Things web site and came up with my requested results. I thought this was more complicated than the other tools, but I think it will be great after becoming familiar with the procedures. One of my emails arrived with a blank page(Groupwise), but the other email in my Gmail contained the selected article. I wonder why. I did receive an email later that had been in Quarantine for Spam, that did contain the selcected articles from Groupwise.
4. NETLIBRARY: I set up my account in NetLbrary, did my search, and added my notes without any problems. I found NetLibrary very easy to work in, especially being able to search in the book to find the location of certain subjects. I think the notes feature would be very helpful for referring back in my research to find the pages and topics. This would be a good tool for students.

No comments: