Thursday, July 24, 2008

19. Podcasts

I have visted the directories and listened to a few of the podcasts. On Podcast.com, I listened to author David Sedaris doing a booktalking session. I also viewed a funny video under comedy on EPN (Education Podcast Network). Both of these sites were easy to search, and the podcasts popped up quickly for use. I know we have a professor at our college who uses podcasting for his lectures, and this has been very successful for students who wish to review or who had missed a lecture. I think that podcasts can be very useful for educational purposes and in the library for relaying information.
I set up an account in Gcast so that I could record over the phone at home on Friday afternoon. It was very easy to call and enter my password, then do my recording. My only disappointment was that my podcast sounded very boring when I listened to it on Monday on the computer. I tried to read some funny anecdotes about cats, called Cat Rules, but like I said, I think I need voice lessons to improve my expression. Next time I do a podcast, I will practice so I sound more professional. That was fun!

No comments: