Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Continuing Education

I am continuing my Web 2.0 learning by attending the 4th Annual Academic Technology Institute today at the college. The first session was about Online Database and Academic Resources. We went over old and new resources in the library, and saw some of the new programs available online. The instructor gave us a handout with several new search engines like Boolify, Kartoo, Quintura, Search the Tail, Exalead, Cuil, Scitopia, Whozat, and more. I also attended A Web 2.0 Sampler, which reminded me of the 23 Things on a Stick experience. The instructor had a Google Presentation page that contained all of her information for the session, which she used as part of her presentation. She touched on twitter, blogs, interactive maps, Flickr, Teacher Tube, and more. I really felt like I was up on things because I already knew about most of what she spoke about. Her web site is a really neat way of showing what Web 2.0 is with a hands on approach.

No comments: