Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Library Thing

I was very surprised to read the news that our library has decided to put our Popular Reading collection on Library Thing. When I suggested this idea to a coworker last July, I was told that it wouldn't work. I was told there was a charge for placing over a certain number of books in Library Thing, among other reasons for this not working. I said I thought Library Thing was great, and would be a good addition to our Library Website. I did not hear another word about it until reading the email announcement in December that this coworker had decided to place the Popular Reading collection on Library Thing. I guess it was a good idea after all.

I'm back to old reading habits and loving it. I started reading the Twilight series last month, and I am in the second book called New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. The kind of book that you don't want to put down consisting of vampires and werewolves, good and evil, Native American culture, first love, and anything else that can be imagined. A nice escape for these cold winter days and nights.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Blow on your fingers and dust off your epaulets! We who read your blog know it was your idea. How's it feel to know you're right even if it isn't acknowledged publicly? Got to make you feel good to know that even though your idea was dismissed when suggested that it didn't fall on deaf ears. Way to go!