Friday, January 16, 2009

Library Thing

Library Thing has proved to be useful for students looking for books to read when they are unsure about their choice. They can read other people's reviews, and look through the tags to get ideas on what the books are about. Our library manager has been promoting the site by suggesting it. Maybe we could also put up a sign by the popular reading collection, for example : Read About the Popular Reading Collection in Library Thing at www.librarything.com/catalog/CSSlibrary. I just spoke with my co-worker, and he said he is planning to put up a sign in the near future.
This is very exciting! When I go to my own Library Thing web page after following the link from Library Thing on our Web Page, it also tells me what books I share with the Popular Reading Library Thing. It does save time because I can look for books without having to go to our library catalog to search by subject, title or author. The book cover icons also add much to the mood of the story.

No comments: